Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I recently purchased a 1997 220 Coastal. The only thing I

Customer Question

I recently purchased a 1997 220 Coastal. The only thing I cannot get to work is the fish box pump out. I am not sure where the pump for the fish box is, or if it even has one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Trace the drain out of the box, there should be a valve if manual or will be a pump if electric, usually with a switch they do not use an electric valve, it's usually a pump to pump out, once there you can then use a voltmeter to test power and ground to the pump to see if either is lost or if not if the pump/impeller is bad or a blockage (disconnect hose from pump and tank should empty if not there is a valve or a blockage.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.