Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 25 hp 4stroke .with tilt and trim. tIlt and trim

Customer Question

I have a 25 hp 4stroke .with tilt and trim. tIlt and trim quit working. I can hear a click at the front of the motor when I push the button. Dudley
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dudley, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

The clicking is coming from the trim relay. The problem here is going to be either a bad relay, or a bad trim motor, and this is very easy to test for. If you are comfortable with electricity what you would do is disconnect the battery first. And then remove the trim relay. When you remove it there will be 2 wires that are much larger than the rest. They will be green and blue. After the relay is disconnected. Hook the battery back up. and then jump the heavy blue wire to battery positive. And the heavy blue wire to ground. And if the trim motor works it will start to trim up. If it does, the relay is confirmed bad. If nothing happens, the motor is confirmed bad.

Does that all make sense? If yes, did you have any further questions on this issue?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Just checking in, no rating has been put through yet so I was seeing if you were making progress, or had any further questions on the issue.