TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Mechanic
Experience:  Former Kawasaki pwc tech. current Honda pwc tech.
8313095

My brothers girlfriend flipped my jet ski over and it

Customer Question

My brothers girlfriend flipped my jet ski over and it flooded everything what's the best way to get it running again? I pulled all the spark plugs cranked it over got some water out put a little wd40 in there lost one of the Dam boots or coil for the spark plug it's a 2004 honda aquatrax I also need to find the coil if anyone can let me know where I can purchase one
Category: Boat
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link to a parts diagram for the cylinder head that shows the part number for the coil:

http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/wps/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hondapwc&a=6&b=3&c=0&d=-CYLINDER-HEAD-COVER

You need to get all of the water out of the engine and thoroughly lubricate the cylinder and head. Keep cranking the engine with the plugs out and spraying some lube in the spark plug holes until there is no more water coming out. Open up the gap on the spark plugs to about 1/8 of an inch. This will prevent any water droplets from remaining on the gap and preventing spark. Once the engine starts let it run for 30 minutes on the flush hose and then change the oil and filter. It may take more than one oil change to get any water out of the oil.

Also check the air filter for water. Some models used a paper element filter that needs to be replaced if it gets water on it. The foam filter models just need to have the foam dried of all water.

Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this? If yes just add a reply. If no please rate mu answer so that I can be credited for assisting you.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any more help with this?