Michael
Michael, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 25 years experience working on everything from PWC's to Mega Yachts
6854667

I need to replace my existing refrigerator in my sea ray

Customer Question

I need to replace my existing refrigerator in my sea ray 1997 330 with a Norcold DE 0041 how do I get the old one out of the cabin and the new one in?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Mike,

This is pretty straight forward.... you only need to remove the screws from the flange around the front of the unit then pull it out and disconnect the power wires. That's it then reverse the steps to install the new one.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance and I will be happy to help you. If my answer was helpful to you, please remember to use the rating feature to accept my answer as this is how we are credited for out time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your research should have shown that the unit is too large to fit through the cabin door and something will need to be disassembled which has been my question to you all along
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Oh of course, my mistake.. I read the question wrong. My apologies.
So obviously the fridge has to come out the companion way. I remember doing one of these on a 330 express and we were able to do by removing the refrigerator door and taking it out the companion way side ways.
If it won't fit and you can gain more space by removing the companion way door then that might be necessary but it's a pretty big job and I don't think you will need to do that.
What I would suggest is to call Sea Ray customer service and they will be able to tell you how to do it. Here's the right number to call(###) ###-#### ***** your HIN (hull number) ready and they will get you to the right plant... I think your boat was built in Sarasota Florida but the hull number will tell. Once you get to the right plant they will have the info you need and are usually very helpful.
I hope this helps you.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, were you able to talk to sea ray or figure out if it would go without the door on?