Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Kawasaki utra LX jet ski will not start. Battery good. SKi

Customer Question

Kawasaki utra LX jet ski will not start. Battery good. SKi charged every two weeks for the last year. What might be the problem?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

I see nothing in terms of load testing the battery, so I would ask that if you have not already done so that you have the battery professionally load tested and if it is good then I would need to know when you try to start if you get 12v on the small wire to the starter solenoid, if so you then need to check for main batt supply in 12v and during cranking 12v out on other large cable to starter, if not then solenoid is the issue, if no 12v signal during cranking at the solenoid then check grounds, battery, wiring/connections, key, start button.

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

From there we can preform other tests after the above is done so that we have more info on where the problem is.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.