Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

One of my Faria tachometers is reading gher than what I see

Customer Question

Hi Jason, one of my Faria tachometers is reading higher than what I see from reading the rpm's with my scantool. Can tachometers be re-calibrated or might this be a problem with the signal being sent to the tach? Does the tach signal (and signals for the other gauges - oil and temp) get sent through the big wire harness on top of the engine? Anything I should check there? If I wanted to replace the gauge, are they all the same in terms of being able to interpret the signal?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg.

How much different do they read? Have you swapped the tach's left to right ot see if the reading follows the tach or stays in the same spot?