Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Ron with tradewinds marine got a 1998 seadoo gtx ltd with

Customer Question

Ron with tradewinds marine got a 1998 seadoo gtx ltd with 947 eng tried so much rebuilt carbs r&r rave valves new fuel selecter new fuel lines tried 3 mpems cleaned tank new battry unhook gauges will go up to 38/4000 rpm push throttle more bogs and cuts off i'm over looking what
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello and good afternoon Ron,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
You can sometimes clean, rebuild these carbs just like any and still have problems, in some cases one is bad or needs a major cleaning such as an ultrasonic bath. Also making sure to replace the internal filters to them and checking the jets, when done you also need to check the pop-off pressure on the carbs, adjust high/low correctly and check air leakdown test on the engine. You would need to check the rave valve adjustment is correct and that the valves are not damaged and are clean and sealed, also hope that no one has played with the exhaust valve as this though looking like a rave is not and can damage the engine. You would also want to check compression and check for misfires also to confirm that fuel is the entire source of the problem which will limit what needs to be repaired. Also check that at idle the battery voltage is around 14v dc.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.