Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Square carpeted floorboard cover above fuel tank on my 1999

Customer Question

Square carpeted floorboard cover above fuel tank on my 1999 Glastron 205 GS is warped (bowing up) and seems cracked or broken and indented if you step on one small area just in front of back bench seat. How do I pull up this square section of floor just over the gas tank? Thank you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
I believe this model has wood floors but may be fiberglassed as well, what is important is to look for screws that secure a lid down to the floor, if there are no screws, no lid and the floor is solid then the floor must be cut open, removed and replaced which is a larger undertaking. In some cases this means replacing the entire floor. Usually due to water rot to the wood. If the hull is foam filled then you need to check for water saturation, also check for stringer water damage/rot as well as the transom, this is all done before repairing the floor so that you know what your working with.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.