Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Have 99 gtx sea doo it will and first acts like ok then

Customer Question

have 99 gtx sea doo it will and first acts like ok then losing all power and starts surging then just idle power
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will idle fine but it has no power on acceleration
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was willing to pay for your advice but I guess I won't get it so just cancel my deposit and I will get it elsewhere thank
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
This severely depends on if it is an rfi model or carbureted.
For carb model check if you have gray fuel lines and if so they need to be replaced, clean fuel filter and clean and rebuild the fuel pump and carbs (professional clean and rebuild and replace internal filters using a full good rebuild kit) also cleaning the fuel shutoff valve. Also note that just because it may or may not have gray fuel lines does not mean that this still does not need done such as cleaning the fuel system and carbs as well as a rebuild on them.
Check compression is good around 135-140psi. Check no misfires. Check at idle around 14v dc voltage at the battery.
There are other things that can be the problem as well but the above are the most common and we can continue further if you need.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.