Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 2009 optimax 150. The smartcraft alarm is beeping 4

Customer Question

I have a 2009 optimax 150. The smartcraft alarm is beeping 4 times every few minutes. I just had the fuel filter and water pump changed a couple months ago. I emptied the water fuel separator and there was no water visible in the fuel I emptied. There is oil in the remote tank and the under cowling tank. I bled the air out of the oil tank under the cowling until oil came out of the top. There is no conductivity on the oil sensor leads, but the cap is too small to see the position of the float. Any suggestions? Is it safe to drive it to the mercury mechanic. I live on the water and that is the easiest way to get it there.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. 4 beeps / min normally indicates a faulty sensor which is not that much of a problem with the engine itself. yes it is safe to drive to the mechanic which i suggest you get the engine checked with a diagnostic tool as the alarm could be a variety of sensors which it is impossible to guess.

IF you require further assistance let me know.

Noel