Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My 96 seadoo bombardier has no spark on the spark plugs. But

Customer Question

My 96 seadoo bombardier has no spark on the spark plugs. But I'm getting power on the coil, I checked it with a test light. I have replaced the coil with a used coil from ebay and still no luck.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello and good afternoon,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
I am assuming you have confirmed the 12v to the coil but not the pulse, please check pulse as a ground with a test light, when cranking the engine the light should pulse, if not that will be the problem, confirm all grounds are good and next would be inspecting all fuses and then the magneto. Also instead of a test light you should use an voltmeter to confirm 12v on the power side.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.