Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 1996 33 foot Craft crown and I'm having a problem

Customer Question

hi I have a 1996 33 foot Chris Craft crown and I'm having a problem locating the pickups on the fuel tanks can you help me
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The easiest way to find the pickups is to follow the fuel supply line from the engine back to the tank. The fuel supply line connects to the anti siphon valve which is connected to the elbow at the top of the pick up tube.

Here is a diagram of a typical fuel system. http://newboatbuilders.com/images/Fuel_Tank.jpg

I don't know the exact location. Now you may have to remove some panels or floors to get to the pick up. In some boats the tube can't be removed unless you cut a hole.

Is there a particular reason you need acces to the pick up?

Post back with questions.