How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Noel Schembri Your Own Question
Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Category: Boat
Satisfied Customers: 1951
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
Type Your Boat Question Here...
Noel Schembri is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a 3 part primary fuel filter (between fuel tank and

Customer Question

We have a 3 part primary fuel filter (between fuel tank and engine). We want to replace it with a spin-on filter. can it be replaced with a Raycor? Is the 500FG the right size?
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Yes it can be replaced by a racor, and the 500 fg is the right model. As for the cartridge a 5 micron should be able to meet the fuel flow. Before replacing the filter you need to pinch the hoses not to allow air in the system and fill the new filter with diesel. Still you may need to bleed out the air from the engine.

If you require further assistance let me know.


Related Boat Questions