Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1999 Lowe new battery and battery has voltage fuses all look

Customer Question

1999 Lowe new battery and battery has voltage fuses all look good checked for power at fuse box under dash but know power at fuses how do I know if the fuse currcit board is bad the key and all accesseries are dead
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The fuse panel is powered from the battery. You should have a fuse holder at the battery cable connections for the fuse panel. If the fuse is good and you don't have power at the panel then you don't have the ground connected at the battery for the fuse panel or the fuse holder is bad and not allowing voltage to pass through to the panel. I have seen bad fuse holders.

Have you verified the power going to the panel and ground? Did you find the fuse holder on the red wire going to the panel?

Connect the volt meter to the fuse panel now wiggle the fuse holder does power come back?