Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 2003 Riveria Flybridge which when it rains water

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Riveria Flybridge which when it rains water seems to find its way into the engine room just above the where the generator is situated (towards the front of the engine room). We have checked the flybridge for any leaks and it is bone dry. The water is freshwater and wondering where to possibly look to find the area where it is leaking. Any clues?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Check out the hatches drains as if one of them is blocked or disconnected it will end in the engine room.

Noel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please clarify the 'hatches drains' and where I may find them as I understand hatches refers to the opening windows in the bedrooms and bathroom.

What i mean is that all the opening hatches in the flooring of the boat as in the pic below have a gutter leading the water to a drain. Make sure this drain is not blocked as if the water overflows the gutter goes inside.

http://newimages.yachtworld.com/resize/1/93/73/4939373_20150210185546891_1_XLARGE.jpg?f=/1/93/73/4939373_20150210185546891_1_XLARGE.jpg&w=606&h=467&t=1423623420000

Noel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The floor hatches have holes for the drains and are all very clear. The water is coming from somewhere mid to front of the boat as I can see it dripping from the engine room ceiling on to the generator more on the starboard side if the boat.

Ok then if not from there i don't know exactly the boat construction so i will opt out.

Noel