Michael
Michael, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 25 years experience working on everything from PWC's to Mega Yachts
6854667

99 Ciera 2855. Shower not draining and toilet not filling

Customer Question

Hey Jason. 99 Ciera 2855. Shower not draining and toilet not filling during pumping. Just working through threads to find a solution. James
Category: Boat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi James, my name is Mike,

First about your toilet... Is it an electric head or a manual pump head. If it's manual, either the water inlet to the head is plugged (maybe from growth around the seacock) or the pump needs to be rebuilt. Also, check the inlet hose connection to the head and make sure its tight... it wont leak water there, it will suck air and cause the pump to loose it's prime.

Next, the shower sump, first make sure the shower drain is unplugged (you'd be surprised)... then access your shower sump box and take the lid off of it and find the cylindrical shaped plastic screen (probably coated with muck) and remove it by prying it out from the end with a screwdriver..... blast if off with the water hose, clean the sum box out with hot water and vinegar, while washing it out make sure the power to it is on and when you fill it up with the water/vinegar the float should go up and the pump should kick on. If it doesn't come on then you need to check any fuse and wire connections you can find until you get power to the wire going into the float switch. if it has power and the float rises up and doesn't kick the pump on then you have a bad float switch or a burned out pump.

Try cleaning everything thoroughly and see if you can make it pump again, if not get back to me with what you found so far and we'll take it from there.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi James,
Were you able to get your head and shower working? If you still need help, I would be happy to assist you with it... just let me know what you have found so far.
If you found my information useful then I would like to remind you to use the rating feature to accept my answer as this is the only way that we are credited for our time. Also, you can continue to post questions to this thread after you have excepted an answer and I will continue to help you.