Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I was reading this thread and this is a friend of mine's

Customer Question

I was reading this thread and this is a friend of mine's problem. I've helped along the way. He had a marina mechanic do some work and the problem went away for a year. It came back this year. All the mechanic did was clean the hole between the chambers in the mixing box. Before he gave up and tried the pro we installed clear hose so we could observe water flow. When overheating starts there is air in the line from the exhaust manifold. The manifold is not full of water and runs very hot 260 degrees by infrared thermometer. Exhaust water flow does not appear to change.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

When was the last time the water pump was serviced?

Could I get the engine serial number please?

By the time the water gets to the exhaust manifold it is on the way out the engine the water has already gone through the engine.

So we need to start at the water pump and work our through the possible causes.

I have no link to see the thread you are referring to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me try to find the link again. You conversed with my friend several time. That said, all of the things you would advise have been done. The probel went away for a year and came back, as I wrote. Let me find the tread.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Ok