Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

1976 dt-75 suzuki..with full oil tank,computer senses low

Customer Question

1976 dt-75 suzuki..with full oil tank,computer senses low oil and goes into limp home mode. pulling the kill switch 3 times resets it but only to about 50% power. pushing the red reset button on the side of the motor does nothing. are there wires that i can twist together?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
From the symptoms it sounds like you need to test the float switch, the float switch in the tank is most likely bad and needs to be replaced. It can sometimes get stuck as well from when the tank was low before filled thus check not stuck and if not test and it is most likely bad showing no/low oil to the computer hence the problem.
In which case if it tests bad replacing it would cure the problem, also check wiring and check no loose connections or shorted wires, corrosion, etc.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.