Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

Thanks. I have a 90 HP 2007 Motor. The engine runs great the

Customer Question

Thanks. I have a 90 HP 2007 Motor. The engine runs great the first 20 minutes or so then will intermittently cut out hard (almost too hard to be fuel). The cuts last about a half a second but occur frequently. If you pull back under 5000 rpms for a few minutes, all is well going back to full throttle. However, after a few more minutes, the power cuts happen again. any ideas? Thanks!
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, it is in the form but the motor is a Honda 4 stroke 90 hp
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Are the gauges going down during the cut or just the engine looses power. If the gauges go down too, then the fault is electric related and the problem is due to a loose connection. start by checking the battery cables and the harness connection inside the engine. Check for any signs of corrosion and loose connections.

Keep me updated on your findings, if everything seems up to standards let me know so that we can diagnose further.

Noel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gauges don't go down. They all stay stable.

Ok so the engine is loosing power then, at this stage i start by checking/ replacing the fuel filter and the fuel lines ext as it may be fuel starvation. Next is to replace the spark plugs.

Check the above and let me know.

Noel