Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  23 years Caterpillar Engine Experience
30708357

Marine volvo penta diesel engine when you drain the water

Customer Question

For a marine volvo penta diesel engine when you drain the water separator- how much fluid must you drain so sensor is not re-activated and what color is the liquid residue that is drained off?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
If there is water in the bottom of the filter, it will be a dark color. You should not have to drain much. Maybe a pint or so. If you do not see a dark color come out. You may not have any water in the filter.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.