Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 496 ho, we have a buzzer going off approx every 2-3

Customer Question

Hi Jason I have a 496 ho , we have a buzzer going off approx every 2-3 min -2 short beaps, we have replaced throttle and air intake sensors which apparently means the problem must be a broken wire or connection some where, any ideas for the best place to start looking?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jason isn't on this evening. Unfortunately what you have is either a short or open in a circuit or one of the sensors is faulty. In order to find a bad sensor you will need to have a qualified service shop conneck their computer and diagnostic program to the ECM and read the fail sensors. There is no other economical way other than to go through a battery of tests to each sensor and it's circuits.

Check the wiring for any crushed areas or cut wiring. Other than that it has to go to the shop.

Wish I could give you better info or news.

Let me know if I can help further.