Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2005 Chaparral 254 Sunesta w/ 5.0 GXi, the engine

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chaparral 254 Sunesta w/ 5.0 GXi, the engine starts and runs but NO power to accessories like blower and bilge.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The accessories are on a different circuit from the engine. Check at the battery for an inline fuse or circuit breaker. You should have one set of battery cables connected to the battery. Then a smaller set connected to the battery also. The small set is the power supply to the accessories.

Do you have a volt meter to do some voltage tests?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a volt meter, but I am not at the boat right now its at the marina. I tried resetting the breaker to no avail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Background info I hooked up a battery charger yesterday prior to that everything was fine.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Ok here's where the volt meter comes in to play. We need to check voltage at the circuit breaker and the fuse panel/breaker panel. When need to follow the power source from the battery to the dash where the accessories are.

Now if you have had the battery out or cable disconnected you could of left a cable off the negative side of the battery. Check all the battery cables be sure they are all attached, clean and tight.

Right now it is a chase for the loss of voltage to the accessories.

Post back when you get the time to do the tests.