Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Power head removal 1983 150 hp 150hptlctb model

Customer Question

power head removal for a 1983 150 hp johnson 150hptlctb model
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

There are 6 long bolts # ***** along the side of the exhaust housing. 3 on each side. Then you have 2 short bolts and 2 nuts in the front and 2 bolts in the rear.

Remove cover #22 & 25 to access all these bolts if you haven't already. http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1983&hp=150&model=J150TLCTB&manufacturer=Johnson&section=Exhaust+Housing

The power head should come off. Now due to the age of the engine many of these bolts are going to be corroded badly. You will need an acetylene/oxygen torch to heat the area around these bolts to get the bolts out.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you...Tan

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

All the bolts circled are the one to remove.