Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I've turned off my 2006 Seadoo Sportster and it sounds like

Customer Question

I've turned off my 2006 Seadoo Sportster and it sounds like something is still running. I've even killed the main and it won't stop. Plus my battery was dead this morning so I'm thinking that's what killed it. Do you know what could still be running?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Check 2 things that are most likely the cause, bilge blower fan and bilge pump, the fan and pump should always have power and if shorted could be stuck on. This will require you test for power at both, check your switches as one could be bad and stuck on as well thus causing the problem, being a stuck switch (internally not working) or shorted wiring, a unit only works with power and ground and thus power must come from somewhere to power it, for the bilge fan it's a switch for the bilge pump it always has power and have an auto float built in that if stuck will keep the pump running. This is not to say it could not be something else as well just that these are the most likely, If neither of the above then please reply back and I will provide some other things to check on the motor and hull, fuel pump etc.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.