Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2015 Mercury 60 hp motor that blows 15 amp main

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Mercury 60 hp motor that blows 15 amp main relay fuses intermittently on starting. Dealer had boat for 2 weeks and couldn't find the problem. Need some advise on how to get this fixed.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

This is a warranty issue, so any dealer should be able to fix it for you. What kind of questions do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I phoned another dealer and he said he was 2 weeks behind. Suggested that it probably was a pinched wire causing a short in either the ignition or the trim but couldn't help me right now. Does that make sense given that the folks at my dealer in Port Colborne couldn't find it in 2 weeks and they claim to have also water tested it?? I live in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. Can you recommend a reputable dealer in my area for me to contact?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is Syd.............
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Syd, so I am not redundant, which dealers are you currently working with?