Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

40hp 1998 mercury outboard 2 stroke water stopped jetting

Customer Question

40hp 1998 mercury outboard 2 stroke water stopped jetting but impelar is brand new and engine is cooling could it be venting out the exaust
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with

Was the engine actually overheating or running hot? Or is it just the tell tale stream that is not working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just the stream not working ran over 1 hr on the lake did not run hot or overheat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

If that is the case then it's just that fitting or line that is clogged up. If you pop the engine cover off what you want to do is pull the rubber hose off of the tell tale fitting and make sure you can blow through it. And then take some stiff wire, or a blowgun if you have an air compressor, and blow the plastic fitting out from the outside in. Does that make sense?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the start and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blew air trew line and everything took it back out still no water jetting out but ran ran fine and did not overheat should I still run it cause it is cooling
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Disconnect the rubber tube from the engine and start it up, do you get any water directly out of the block?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, just checking in. Any progress?