Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have mercuriser 4.3L 1989 it runs good about 2 min. then

Customer Question

I have mercuriser 4.3L 1989 it runs good about 2 min. then starts missing then dies. restarts and runs rough and dies. let sit for a while and it runs for 2min, again. before this the boat ran great I had to pull the motor an the bolts got lose on the manafoe .and put it back in then it woudnt run right.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

This can be a few things so lets start with an easy test first. Remove the spark arrester. start it up. Run it until it misses .

1. Is the choke opening up?

2. If yes, look down the throat of the carb, do you see fuel dripping or pooling as it is missing, or stalls out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check tomorrow but i don't think its fuel i replaced the modurl, in the disstiber today. i will let you know.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Okay keep me posted.