Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

What causes a2000 gtx di to cut out 3500 rpm after 2 hrs of

Customer Question

What causes a2000 gtx di to cut out 3500 rpm after 2 hrs of running? Leave it sit for half hr.and it ok for a while again dose not get hot. Thanks Jeff Cole
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello and good morning Jeff,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
What I also really need to know is do you have to wait that half hour to start and if so is this because otherwise it will not restart?
If so then please check spark, the most likely cause here is lack of spark and can be a coil breaking down due to heat failure of the coil, another wards as the coil gets hot spark fails.
Next if spark is good check compression (to be sure engine is also not seizing) and then check fuel pressure as the di models esp of this year suffered from major problems one being fuel pumps which are very expensive for them. If you have fuel pressure next would be checking injector pulse.
In terms of overheating, just because an alarm does not sound/beep, does not mean it is not overheating, you can have areas overheat and not alarm due to a bad sensor as well, or have it working and beeper not functioning.
We can then proceed further after the above tests.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.