Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Got a sea doo 2008 3d di exhaust overheat. I can blow thru

Customer Question

got a sea doo 2008 3d di exhaust overheat. I can blow thru the 3 fittings easily accessable on the upper exhaust & hear the air out the lower hose(?). Can I run low pressr air or water thru the main p/u hose from the jet pump to check for flow. I have 2006 shop manual
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Your better off disconnecting a hose and blowing out, this way anything possibly stuck does not go further in and instead blows out of the pump, and then for engine you can blow air through and see if it comes out the exhaust. All this will tell is is that nothing is completely blocked off, it will help if there is anything stuck that it may blow out but it will not tell you about other problems such as corrosion build up or sand stuck in the engine or exhaust for instance.
http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/wps/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=seadoopwc&a=264&b=2&c=0&d=-COOLING-SYSTEM
Many get bad corrosion build up in the head/cylinders and exhaust and will cause over heating, sometimes it is just a bad sensor.
Something your saying comes to mind "until the exhaust parts uncouple", I have a feeling your referring to the rubber hose between the headpipe and the waterbox pipe. If you sucked up sand then pull all hoses and flush the entire system, pull the valve and clean on the water box (do NOT adjust this valve!). You can check it's setting/adjustment and then take it apart to inspect and clean it.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.