Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
Experience:  42 years experience, Certified Master Technician, All Major Outboards, Sterndrives, Hi-Performance
27391725

The instrument cluster on my 1995 Four Winns Sundowner 245

Customer Question

The instrument cluster on my 1995 Four Winns Sundowner 245 is reading incorrectly. The tachometer one day raced up to 7 grand and then continued to go clock wise to 2 grand and stopped there. It will start again from 0 but as soon as the engine fires up, the tach once again goes right to 2 grand. The volt meter is pegged past 16 as soon as you turn the key. The oil pressure gauge reads around 60 but bounces quite a bit. Finally the fuel gauge is intermittent. Sometimes it works, other times not. I keep reading about a bad ground somewhere or worse, people have wrote about the entire instrument cluster needs to be replaced. Any thoughts!
Thanks, Frank
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard anything back from you yet regarding the erratic instrument panel cluster readings. When can I expect a reply?
Thanks, Frank
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the Four Winns dash panel is an integrated panel. The manufacturer is CDI Electronics. cdielectronics.com. They are also the sole provider of repair services for your panel. I'm attaching a link to the troubleshooting guide, note this guide covers more than just the Four Winns panel. You can also call their tech service as well, they are CST.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this.

Thanks