Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a cabin cruse the port engine is stuck in gear it

Customer Question

i have a cabin cruse the port engine is stuck in gear it start in forward it is not the cable.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Correct, and that is due to the safety switch to not allow it to be started in gear.
Your saying you disconnect cable and manually shift, are you disconnecting at the drive?
And please elaborate for me as you state "it's stuck in gear", but that is contradicted with "you can manually shift it", I think I know what you mean but I need more detailed info so I can assist.
Thanks,
Joe