Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

2003 seafood refi is in limp mode39 mph max. Changed voltage

Customer Question

2003 seafood refi is in limp mode39 mph max. Changed voltage regulator, what am I missing
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Limp mode can be for various reasons. The first thing to check is does it also come up "12 volt low" and if not or does then next put a voltmeter on battery with engine running at idle and it should be near 14v dc, if not and say under 13 then the system is not charging and hence the problem.... let me know if this is the case and we will pursue it further.
Next would be checking if overheating and if not then having the seadoo connected to scan tool to diagnose what is triggering limp mode. Check oil level, fuel level, as well as having the battery professionally load tested.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.