Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I believe my 9 ft Livingston dingy is taking on water from

Customer Question

I believe my 9 ft Livingston dingy is taking on water from the keel strip on the one sponson. There are no other cracks or leaks.
What is best way to repair?
Can I inject urethane expanding foam into space in hull as an option?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
No, to repair you would actually need to repair the problem area. Best way due to size allowing is flip it over on dry ground and locate the area which you should find damage or a crack, if not it is most likely a drain plug/fitting or anything mounted to/through the hull. Another way is to set it on top of something that can support the weight and fill with water, when and where the water comes out can be traced to the source of the problem, sometimes it helps to dye the water.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.