Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Sucked up a rock lodged all the way thru to the back of the

Customer Question

sucked up a rock lodged all the way thru to the back of the propeller. We can see but can't seam to loosen anything to get the rock out. Suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
If you cannot get anything in there to remove the rock from the back/exit of the pump or the intake grate then you have 2 options:
Remove intake grate, diagram here: http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/wps/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=kawasakipwc&a=208&b=23&c=0&d=-JET-PUMP
Or
Remove jet pump possibly having to take it apart to remove the rock, my advice is that if the rock is that big and or that stuck, pull the pump assembly as you will also want to inspect the pump and impeller for damage from the rock this way you will know all at the same time if repairs are required.
Sometimes you can use something very long like a very long screwdriver to get the rock loose however, doing this can sometimes cause further damage as well so one must be very careful.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.