Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Had a bridge accident, damaged windshield, hardtop 2600

Customer Question

Had a bridge accident, damaged windshield, hardtop for a 2600 seaswirl striper, 1997,looking to convert it to a pilothouse, can't find anything on line,need help
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
A Pilothouse conversion would be nothing more than either finding one used and converting it to fit and mounting it or purchasing one and doing the same with new or building one from scratch which are all common and require a marine fiberglass professional/fabricator to achieve/build. You will not find info on how to do it in terms of exact, what you will find is plenty of places online that have done the conversion some including great write ups, again this is not for someone that is not very experienced, if you took it to a shop that does that type of work they could give you a quote.
To keep it oem, a windshield will be hard to find, one would need to be sourced used or have one of the companies (many listed online) that custom make them to order (very expensive mind you) and they can fabricate a replacement for you.
Keep in mind a budget as both ways will be expensive, converting to a pilothouse will be very expensive.
Another option may be to locate a different windshield and convert it to mount on your console and make it work which can be done, again via a professional fiberglass fabricator.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.