Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I t a stump today while boating and the motor died. After it

Customer Question

I hit a stump today while boating and the motor died. After it died, it would turn over but not start. It's 2008 496 mercruiser. I had the boat towed in. I am now troubleshooting it. It will not go into neutral or fire up.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Is this an inboard setup or a bravo sterndrive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bravo sterndrive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Update: I was able get the boat started by depressing the neutral button on the DTS shift actuator. However, the boat did not find neutral position after moving the lever postioin from neutral to forward and back to neutral. Seems to be stuck in forward gear. I started the boast a few times and moved the lever through the neutral to reverse to forward and back to neutral and was able to find neutral. Please note that I hit a stump and low speed and low rpm that killed the motor while in forward position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction to above statement: I was not able to find neutral.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund my $26. This web site and service is of no help to me. I was able to troubleshoot the problem on my own To narrow down the problem.