Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Need to pull the 350 Chev. engine in my boat ,Carver 5723

Customer Question

Need to pull the 350 Chev. engine in my boat ,Carver 5723 Cruiser. Please give instructions. Are there any manuals available for this project in step by step instructions? Thanks BVJ
Category: Boat
Expert:  K. Kergan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Kerry

As far as I know, no step by step instruction manual exists to remove an engine from any boat.

Manuals exist for specific engine makes and models but not for particular boats.

If you work with me, I can provide such instructions, my limitation is that I don't know exactly what your boat looks like,

I've worked on Carvers before, but what year is your boat and what engine model do you have, also which model of Carver?

I'm assuming you have inboard engines, plural, and that you need major work on one of them, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've seen boats where a hole had to be cut in the flybridge deck to remove an engine, others where the engine could be accessed through the salon door-way.

Pictures would be nice, what are you looking at?

If I have clear picture of what you have, I can give you step by step instructions.

Expert:  K. Kergan replied 1 year ago.

If you have no problem with the actual lifting out of the engine once it's disconnected, we can get started right now.

Let me know the main issues that you are not sure of.

Expert:  K. Kergan replied 1 year ago.

Disconnect the battery cables from the battery, disconnect and plug the fuel line to the engine.

Unbolt the engine coupler to the shaft and move it back an inch or two.

Unplug the wiring harness from the engine.

With masking tape, label any other wires connected to the engine and disconnect them.

If you have power steering on that engine, you will need to remove the power steering pump and set it aside for later,

also make sure the hoses are out of the way for the engine lift.

I think it's time to wait for more input and/or questions from you.

Expert:  Samantha-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/boat/989mf-need-pull-350-chev-engine-boat-carver-5723.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  K. Kergan replied 1 year ago.
Don't know what's up, haven't received a reply yet.