Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I HAVE AN EVINRUDE ETEC 60HP 2011 MOTOR WITH ABOUT 20 HOURS

Customer Question

I HAVE AN EVINRUDE ETEC 60HP 2011 MOTOR WITH ABOUT 20 HOURS ON IT. WHEN I PUT IT ALL THE WAY IN THE UP POSITION IT WILL "LOCK" AND NOT GO DOWN. I CAN HEAR IT TRYING TO CYCLE UP, BUT NOT DOWN. IT IS INTERMITTENT. IS THERE A FIX, OR A TEMPORARY RELIEF, SO THAT I CAN GET THE MOTOR IN THE WATER?
Category: Boat
Expert:  MarineService8 replied 1 year ago.

There is a manual release valve located on the port side of the transom bracket. It has a slot in it for a flat blade screw driver. Loosen this and the engine will come down, you can also loosen it and manually lift the engine back up. You most likely have a bad trim relay.