Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I am a farm boy with no proper training other than

Customer Question

I am a farm boy with no proper training other than experience problem I'm having had a leaky seal water got in the oil winter came and froze out the bottom it cracked on the jet drive pump housing in the rack and pinion compartment the boat is a1996 sugar sands Sport Jet Boat 120 XR with the serial number 0E178097 which gives a model number H120jorsd service literature says jet jet powerhead 120 jet PW HD powerhead with that information I looked up on the internet and found the parts catalog label 809809R-1 Sport Jet 120 XR from Brunswick. Com under the product line I had the jet pump house Dr Weldon so we'll hold oil it did it did Mar the impeller shaft the impeller is a little water from the shower wobbling on with the bad bearings I had all the other bearings pressed in I'm looking at a new impeller and stator wear bar certain adding up the cost certain the things that I would like to go with a used hole assembly I found online you can buy a complete housing kit drive not really s
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry my message got a little mumbled I was using the text automatic thing I got hurt at work and my choices either you rebuild everything that's in there or try to find the used part but I did find and Quicksilver a complete housing kit 469 her box or your other choices mercury the complete set that's 4600 is there a difference in quality
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Welding never usually works and this is because the crack allows the housing to expand because of the crack, welding merely fills the crack and it can still crack again. The true way to fix this problem is unfortunately to replace the entire pump housing, if you have good parts then you can swap them over, if not then purchase a complete jet pump assembly and not just the housing.
I think that is what you were asking, if not I do apologize as that is the best I gathered from your question.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.