Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

2005 Searay SunSport with twin 350 Mag MPI and Smartcraft.

Customer Question

2005 Searay SunSport with twin 350 Mag MPI and Smartcraft. just changed one manifold and riser which required unmounting of starboard smartcraft module. Now have boat running, and smartcraft systems all reset. both engines are suddenly limited to about 3000rpm. boat will do 20 mph, used to do 50 mph. Could I have done something during this simple job that caused this?
Thanks
Dartmouth, N.S.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this related to Guardian mode in smartcraft somehow?
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
I would start by checking all connections and wires again, esp sensors that may be disconnected. Check fluid levels, check smartcraft module harness connection clean and fully seated/tight. Also check for errors on the gauge such as a loss of communication with engine. May try disconnecting the ground for a few mins and see if that corrects the problem.
Due to it being limited to 3000 rpm's it would appear to be in guardian mode however when in that mode it will usually appear on the smartcraft gauge.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.