Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Have a ground problem on my 1994 Pursuit 2150 boat. No accessories,

Customer Question

Have a ground problem on my 1994 Pursuit 2150 boat. No accessories, ie., lights,radio, horn don't work. Seems like a ground problem. Please advise. Steve
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello Steve,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
If you use a voltmeter from the battery to check power and ground ie checking ground use battery power, checking power use battery ground, this way you will find which is missing at the helm/console, from there you can trace back (most likely a main breaker or buss bar) and locate the problem. The most common problems are a power wire that was not connected back to the battery/switch, tripped breaker, broken wires, bad/poor connections (esp grounds).
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.