Michael
Michael, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 25 years experience working on everything from PWC's to Mega Yachts
6854667

I have a 2004 Yamaha f225txrc engine that had the alarm buzzer

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Yamaha f225txrc engine that had the alarm buzzer go off after idling for around 30 minutes. I shut it down and after restarting it went off in about a minute. Engine was running fine does not appear to be overheating , oil level is fine. went to check fuel separator this morning and can't find one.I cranked it up and after idling for around a minute it started idling rough and shut off.It has never run rough before. It cranked right back up but I shut it down. any Ideas?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** assume that you topped off the oil to the correct level?Next, there is a water fuel separator on you engine... Below is a link to a diagram of your separator.. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/2004/F225TXRC/FUEL%201/parts.html There is a red ring (#12 in diagram) that floats in water but not in fuel. If the ring is floating then you have water in the fuel system and will need to purge the fuel system as well as the fuel tank.Try checking this first and let me know what you find and we can take it from there. Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Michael, I just found your response. The oil was topped off but I haven't found the fuel separator. Will not be back at the lake till the weekend and I will look again. Could the separator mounted in a hidden compartment on the 2004 Hurricane Sun Deck 237?
Thanks Rich
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rich,
The fuel/water separator is located on the side of the engine block.. standing behind the engine looking forward it is on the left (port) side down low and or toward the front .... if you follow the fuel line coming into the motor cowling, the separator is the first thing it connects to. let me know if you can't find it and I will try and find a diagram for that too.