Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My Honda jet ski is having problems getting fuel. Any sugg

Customer Question

My Honda jet ski is having problems getting fuel. Any suggestions?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't driven it in a yr. just took it out on the fresh water lake and it seams to fall flat on its face when you give it gas. When a spit of gas hits the turbo and motor kick in and jumps out of the water like it is suppose to, but with in seconds it falls flat on its face.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Start by checking fuel pump running via a fuel pressure tester for correct pressure, if you have that then check with noide light if injectors are firing correctly during the problem. Depending on how old fuel is it could have clogged injectors, the fuel pump, the fuel pump could be bad. You could very well just need to go through and clean the fuel system.
Given the symptoms those are the most likely causes and thus that is the first things to start checking esp since the fuel is stated as old.
Try first draining and replacing the fuel with fresh fuel and see if this resolves the problem which it very well may also check for water in the fuel.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.