Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

There I have a 250 Verado that's 3 years old I recently

Customer Question

Hi there
I have a 250 Verado that's 3 years old
I recently began hearing a cracking sound coming from the steering column. Is there an issue with my digital steering?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Do you have any play in the steering at all?Do you have a tilt steering system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The steering is digital. There is no play and , of course, there is a tilt feature. I have a 250 Verado. The noise seems to come from the steering module under the dash.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Your steering is power assist hydraulic. it still has a helm pump along with an electric pump to assist the steering force. From there the fluid goes to the cylinder on the engine. Locate the pump under the helm and make sure that the oil level is on the ok and not the add mark when the engine is running.