Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2013 Tahie Q5. Running about 30 and popped the lanyard

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Tahie Q5. Running about 30 and popped the lanyard switch by mistake. Killed engine. Now won't restart sound like starter just going click click click. Is it breaker
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? The clicking is a sign of low voltage to the start. But, if you were doing 30 and came to a dead stop there is a slight possibility there might be water in the cylinders as well. Do you have a voltmeter and do you know how to take basic voltage measurements for the voltage part of this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My original question stated that the reason for the sudden stop was that the kill switch was activated when I stood up and the link attached to my vest pulled it to stop. That caused the engine shutdown. Then when switch was reset I could not start and the clicking happened.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Yes I understand that. Did you read my reply? What kinds of questions do you have?