Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have an 2004 rxp it started just fine i had some old fuel

Customer Question

i have an 2004 rxp it started just fine i had some old fuel in it couple of days later i hook water up to it and it started and ran fine then it started to bog after about 3 minutes and it stopped running i then replaced the plugs pulled the old fuel out put new fuel in its getting fuel pulled the injectors and fuel is spraying out when i try and turn it over if i put starting flued in it will turn over but wont run longer than a couple seconds.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Starting fluid allowing it to start/stall indicates lack of fuel. This means start by checking fuel pump and if it is running check via a fuel pressure tester for correct pressure, if you have that then check with noide light if injectors are firing. Depending on how old fuel is it could have clogged injectors, the fuel pump, the fuel pump could be bad.
Given the symptoms those are the most likely causes and thus that is the first things to start checking. Also if fuel pump is not running and no pressure then check fuel pump fuse is not blown.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.