Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

How to set the jets on a 1990 115hpmarinar outboard motor

Customer Question

how to set the jets on a 1990 115hpmarinar outboard motor
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** get the engine serial number please? What seems to be the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tan I don't have the serial num im at work the problem iswhen I take off the moter boggs down it runs good at top in
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
The only jet adjustment is the idle jet and that will be on just the top 2 carburetors. They are set at 1.5 turns from lightly seated. You will need to check the trigger when you advance the throttle be sure it is moving freely. When you advance the throttle it should move at the same rate as the throttle arm. If the trigger is sticking it will cause a lag or bog when throttling up. So check the linkage closely for free movement and the idle jets for correct adjustment. I will need the engine serial number to be more specific.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tan I cant get you the ser num until tomarow h oe can I contact you
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
That's fine. I'm in no rush do the checks and get me the serial number an we can continue. Just post back as you have been.