Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 2004 Yamaha 150 2 stroke and its running hotter

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 Yamaha 150 2 stroke and its running hotter on one side then the other 156 on the right bank and 125 on the left bank. I replaced the impeller, thermostats, fuel pumps and new plugs. motor runs great no alarms. is this normal?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Slightly difference on heads is quite normal, it is normally due to salt buildup in the cylinder heads but still it is not reaching an alarming stage. What i suggest you do is to remove the cylinder heads when the season is over and get the water passages cleaned from salt particles. This should return the temperatures back to normal. Noel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the high and low temp for this motor before alarm goes off?
The temperature alarm goes off at 180- 190 degrees so it is still in the safe temperature. Noel