Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 1985, 19' OMC/Beachcraft boat. It seems that none

Customer Question

I have a 1985, 19' OMC/Beachcraft boat. It seems that none of my accessories are getting enough power and when I turn on multiple accessories (e.g. blower and nav lights) lights dim and things don't seem to work as strong. I have a new 12 - volt battery powering it and have even tried an expensive, more powerful battery. Do I need more juice or is there something else (presumably safer) I can do?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** have here is either corroded connections at the battery or at the fuse box under the helm. Check all connections to make sure that they are not turning colors. If they are still clean, you have the main power wire and the main ground wire to the helm that will need to be replaced due to internal degradation.