TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Mechanic
Experience:  Former Kawasaki pwc tech. current Honda pwc tech.
8313095

Need a Honda tech that has worked on f12x? I have a oil pressure

Customer Question

need a Honda tech that has worked on f12x? I have a oil pressure warning and then it shuts off ,have changed both oil pressure senders no change ,have read several blogs that have had this problem and not one got it resolved , anyone know about this?
Category: Boat
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.
The low pressure switch if tripped will turn on the warning system and kill the ignition and fuel pump to prevent engine damage. Do not continue to attempt to run the engine! The most likely cause is a bad oil pump. The engine will have to be removed from the hull to remove the front engine cover/oil tank ta access the pump and lubrication system to determine the exact cause of the failure.Currently there is a safety recall on all the 1200's to replace the fuel tank. This will be done at no cost to you. Since the engine has to come out to replace the fuel tank there would not be any significant labor involved in removing the front cover/oil tank and inspecting the lubrication system.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this? If yes just add a reply. If no please rate my answer so that Just Answer can credit me for assisting you.